11 January 2011

Day 6: Something I Bought Recently

Share
I finally broke down last month and bought a video camera. It hasn't really been something terribly important, but I learned in October 2009 that my digital camera would capture video but would not capture sound. For times when I want to record something, that makes it tedious, because I have to combine the audio and video in other software before it's finished. For about six months, I have watched the sales and finally got one that, while not great quality per se, allows me to quickly capture and disseminate videos.

Video cameras have come a long way. I think my parents still own the monstrous one we had when I was young that holds a full size VHS tape. You know the kind- you see them carried around by news teams.

Are video cameras or cameras in general even a necessity? I was thinking a week or so ago when a friend asked online when they were going to see pictures of a newborn posted to Facebook. Not that long ago, there were no pictures of anything, and people still managed to remember important events. Maybe we even valued them more back then.

Now that I have one, I need someone to help me capture the videos. I have a few I'd like to make, except that I also have to appear in them, and it just kind of looks tacky when people can tell you are holding the camera too. Maybe it will mount on my tripod...

No comments: