05 January 2011

Day 3: Pictures that Show Change

Share
There were some monumental changes this year, but pictures don't really do it justice. Among them:
1. I moved into a house 18 miles from where I used to live
2. Most of my old friends cut off contact with me, and new ones stepped in and stepped up to fill the void
3. I used to have to travel to visit friends:


Now, there are friends here who even sometimes come to me, or at least they meet me half way.


Perhaps what is more important is what remains the same. I am still employed, which is quite a statement because there is an almost perpetual threat of layoffs and the like as well as the few coworkers who don't like me and made waves. I still have sufficient money for my needs, despite the attempts of individuals who shall remain nameless to render me poor. I am still bearded, despite the attempts of some to get me to shave. I still run in the morning, read in the evening, hike on the weekends, and live by myself. I am still healthy, intelligent, employed, sane, reverent, thrifty, and hungry. In 2010, in sum, nothing was worse at the end than at the beginning, and a few things were even better.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Sounds like the things that were good have continued and some that weren't making you happy have changed in a positive way. Love it. Happy 2011!

And I like the beard.