25 January 2011

Day 18: iPOD Shuffle

Share
Haha, fooled you. I don't actually own an iPOD. I had one briefly about four years ago because I was able to buy it for about half price, but I found that I had so little opportunity or inclination to use it that I sold it to my brother. When I have earbuds in my ears, I cannot hear the world around me, the people in it, or the Spirit of Christ when he tries to talk to me. Sure, music can drown those things out too, but if you physically block other sounds, they don't usually get through at all. Also, I don't have a CD player or adaptor jack for an iPOD in my car because the cigarette lighter doesn't work, so my music options are rather limited.

What do I listen to, you ask? Excellent question. In my car I carry two mix tapes. One contains songs from Mannheim Steamroller Christmas CDs that I own and to which I listen from about October to March, and the other is a mix of various songs I happent to like from various artists. They include but are not limited to:

Worlds Apart by Journey
Jumprope by Blue October
Let it Go by John Batdorf
Tubthumper by Chumbawamba
Soul Sister by Train
Back Down by Tom Petty
Old Time Rock n Roll by Bob Seger
Takin' Care of Business by Bachman Turner Overdrive

I may make it out to the car at lunch and play through them for a few more. Remember that right now I'm listening to Christmas music still, so those are the ones that are most likely to jump to mind.

No comments: