02 March 2010

Gag Reflex Protects You

Share
Yes, I'm up way early this morning. I have the stomach flu, and I am pretty sure I know why. For the third time in my life that I remember, I puked, and that was about an hour ago. Better out than in after all, and I think the botulism toxin looks much better in the bottom of the sink than in my bloodstream.

The last time I puked was because I was poisoned. I drank some Orange juice laced with formalin and had one of the worst sick days of my life. Unlike today, I didn't miss work, and although I will try to make it in today, I so rarely call in at any job I think they can make due without me at least for a while.

Many people rely on their immune systems far too much. The immune system is the last line of defense. I prefer the Miyagi theory of health- best way avoid fight, not be there. So, when my body decided to expectorate and otherwise eradicate the virulent vermin, I knew it was for my good.

There's a reason they call it food poisoning. I was somewhat cavalier with some food I bought and didn't refrigerate it. God has been merciful and spared me from being poisoned, in spite of me, and I am extremely grateful today to be alive.

No comments: