23 March 2010

Demand Your New Rights

Share
Now that the President has kept his word to pass health care reform, it's time to demand the fulfillment of all the ancilliary details he claimed would come to pass in its wake. I will begin writing my legislators in Washington, Harry Reid, Dina Titus, and John Ensign (although that one just as an FYI) and demand the fulfillment of things Obama said would be better.

Mr. President:
I hereby demand as my constitutional right that I be given immediately free health care for current conditions, preexisting conditions, conditions I may one day have. I need a tissue graft to prevent peridontitis, an eye exam with new contac lenses and transition lenses in glasses, and anything else I might need as a profilactic against any health malady my family has ever had just in case.

I here by demand as my constitutional right that healthy food to be delivered to me, including but not limited to asparagus and broccoli and cous-cous, all at no expense to me and in quantities I deem necessary to satiate my hunger all day and every day.

I demand that my annual health care premiums be reduced $2500/year as the President promised. This will mean that I get a tax credit every year and get paid to go to the doctor on top of free coverage.

I demand all of this whenever I want for whatever reason, and that the quality of it also continue to rise, availability to expand, and costs to decline immediately because the Annointed One has spoken and promised that it shall be.

This is like Christmas! I will always wear these rose-colored glasses.

They say that the benefits will not kick in until 2014. That will surprise a lot of people. If it's a Divine Right, then it is a Right NOW, not in four years. If it is a right, demand it. That is government's job- to vouchsafe our rights.

No comments: