18 April 2008

*Gasp* He's a User

Share
Photobucket

One of the lines from this movie that sticks in my mind comes when the "programs" learn that Jeff Bridges originated outside the computer. They refer to him as a "user", and everyone fears him.

I cannot tell you how many conversations I hold with girls about guys who like them only because of what they can use them for. Regardless of the evidence, it seems like they rarely care, preferring the attention at the risk of inevitable consequence to the loneliness of having nothing. Girls make excuses and say "he's really sweet" or "he's trying", but in so many cases this proves nothing more than a ruse.

So, women are probably right to fear to a degree when men try to woo them. The problem for good men such as myself is that most women like the folks of Tron start to think all men are "users" before too long and resist even when we're trying to do right by them. Then they lend credence to idiots who are "trying" after they haven't been before whereas I made it a rule to follow a particular code of ethics which I have striven by and not recently.

Eventually they set things right and get out of the program where the rules with which they are familiar apply. Hmm...predates the matrix...but I digress. Perhaps it boils down to the possibility that I was made for a different world and when I make it back everything will make sense. **cue 80's music and fade to black**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you elaborate on the last sentence?

Doug Funny said...

Finally got around to that elaboration you asked for. It's located here:

http://llpofh.blogspot.com/2008/05/not-for-this-world.html