09 April 2008

Rewarding a Job Well Done

Share
Normally, I shy away from endorsements or advocacies, but I am well known to give positive feedback. Usually my positive comments generate personal responses from businesses that took good care of me, more than likely because positive feedback is a refreshing change. For myself as a consumer, I appreciate being treated well, the money I save by honest businesses, and the chance to perhaps positively influence another's career which in no way prohibits the advancement of my own. I have written complimentary citations for policemen, laborers, customer service reps, and truck drivers to name a few. Today, I wish to do one of those a larger favor.

When my car broke down last summer, the tow truck took me to Precision Auto in Ely Nevada for repairs. Despite having been told I had a transmission problem, Andre Paez quickly and correctly diagnosed the problem as a broken half shaft (axle). I have no idea how you could mix the two up. He ordered the part overnight from Salt Lake City and had me back on the road within 24 hours to the tune of about $180 including labor. If I'd been able to reach him first, I would have saved $600 in unnecessary transmission work occasioned by a poor diagnosis.

I am no car officianado. I rely on other people to correctly help me pinpoint a problem. The Paez family impressed me with the speed, accuracy, and fairness of service, and I whole-heartedly endorse them for anyone in the area who needs repairs. No, I have not been compensated or promised compensation for this endorsement. I felt it was the right thing to do.

Precision Auto Repair
800 E Aultman Street
Ely, NV 89301
775-289-5210

It's rare to find honesty in businesses, and so I believe it ought to be endorsed. Give them a call. I'm glad I did.

No comments: