10 November 2010

Start Googling

Share
People often ask, "What should I do?" when they have a problem. I remember that I spent hours after hours helping these two students, a couple who were dating, when I was a graduate teaching assistant. Eventually, I exhausted all of my resources, and they exhausted my patience. If I'm doing more than 50% of the work, I'm doing too much to help you.

If you want to do something, start doing something. I am not a fan of Google or Wikipedia, but at least start. I am not your paralegal, your bishop, your parent, your boyfriend, your husband, your personal tutor, or your god. People make time for the things and people that matter to them. Prove to me that it matters to you, or it does not matter to me.

Moreover, if I don't get to share in the rewards, why should I share in the efforts? If it's not my vision, why do I have to do the work? Now, I know that there are less fun things to do enroute to the thing that you choose sometimes, but I am also mature enough to recognize them as part of the package.

The first step on any journey is to take the first step. In this day and age, there is no excuse for doing nothing. Do your own homework; that's always good advice.

No comments: