02 November 2010

Election 2010

Share
How in Hawthorne did Harry win? The most unpopular Senator EVER won because the Republicans couldn't field an opponent against him who could communicate with people at sidewalk level. Sure, Angle lives in a small home, but she refuses to answer questions carte blanch. I heard commentators refer to her as polished and articulate, but in many instances, she was a bumbling mush mouth. I am not sure that she believed in what she said, and she certainly couldn't sell it to us. Reid, however, is a True Believer, and that may yet mar all.

Harry could only win when he cheated. I know a woman who told me that her ballot was indeed marked for Harry Reid. Her husbands was not, but hers was. It makes me wonder, even if it was random, how many of Reid's votes were against the will of the voters or unbeknownst to them. It is theoretically possible to program the EDGE machine to record a vote for Harry no matter whom you selected on the screen.

I will always remember how Reid treats and thinks of me. When I went to DC, I wanted to go to the Capitol so I could be one of those 'smelly tourists' he so despises. Somewhere in my possession, I have a letter from Harry that says in essence, "You're a moron, so shut up and stop writing me". He claims he saved my job. I don't think so. Nevada is still dead last in the positive indicators and first in foreclosure, unemployment, etc. He's done a great job. "This war is lost."

There are advantages to having Harry as the face of the Senate going forward to 2012. As long as Reid is there, Yucca Mountain is probably postponed. When he dies or loses, the protections he negotiated will collapse, but for now, they remain. He's also one of the most presumptuous men I have ever seen or heard, and most people I know don't think very highly of him. It means he can still be defeated gloriously, perhaps by someone better than Angle. Plus, now Obama cannot claim that the Republicans are responsible completely in 2012, because they didn't sweep the Senate.

Some say this will be Reid's last term. I disagree. With his reelection, he will claim that he has 'defeated conservatives' and take it as not only a tolerance of his policy but as license to continue in the way he has, ignoring his constituents and giving them the finger if they disagree. Harry Reid will die in office. Whether he dies of old age or God comes to claim him, this man believes he is a superhero. Remember that he saved the world from depression. Perhaps Pfizer or Merck or GSK should make an antidepressant and call it Riederol.

No comments: