17 November 2010

Mission to Mars

Share
Proposed settlement of Mars begs a few thoughts, most of which are inchoate, so bear with me today.

I am seriously considering signing up, even though it's almost certainly a death sentence to the first wave.

I am single, and so there is nobody to inconvenience if I go, unlike the Apollo 13 Astronaughts, whose families were extremely distraught during the trip back.

I am a scientist, which means I probably make the short list.

Since men are from Mars, I am a perfect choice.

Mars would be the easiest congressional district to represent given its small population although it would be the most difficult to represent well given the commute.

It would be a chance to boldly go where nobody has gone before, at least to our knowledge.

I can dream I guess, but we'll never see a settlement on Mars in my lifetime. This is a shell game.

1 comment:

ablur said...

people today don't have enough patients and determination to make it on the trip or the much needed work to establish a home.

Your take is rather clever though.