18 November 2010

American Flats, NV

Share
In all of my travels, I have only broken down twice since I procured the Saturn I drive. One of those places was what I can only assume was a mining complex called American Flats, just SSW of Carson City. It's a kind of eerie place, void of sound and barren. It's one of the places on earth where I felt least at ease and most happy to leave. Of course, it took a tow truck to lift me back up onto the road since the slope was too great for my valiant car to drive back up even though it drove down just fine. Soft silt accumulated at the bank where you have to turn, and I just couldn't make it back up.

Here are some pictures:

































Just to the left of this last picture is where the embankment is where I got stuck, FYI.

No comments: