19 November 2010

Final Thoughts on Angle

Share
My grandfather, who lives in UT, reports that he has received phone calls from the Angle for Senate campaign asking him for money with which to help her pay off her campaign debts.

Why would anyone who really believes in conservative government spend money they do not have and then impose upon other people to pay it off?

I do not see this as a conservative principle, and so, while I am disappointed Reid won, I am not disappointed Angle lost. (Wow, there were a lot of negative modifiers in that sentence.) It's not that I celebrate the outcome as much as it is that I feel that Angle was more than she purported herself to be. Responsibility and ethics cannot be gained in Washington; you must bring them with you when you come.

Angle has now demonstrated to me that she got what she deserved.

No comments: