01 September 2010

Golf: Worse Than We Thought

Share
I played golf only once so far in my life- at a family reunion when I was 14 years old. However, I was bad at it, very bad, and I think my uncles regretted impressing on me to accompany them. Since that time, I have agreed with Mark Twain who said that golf is a good walk spoiled. Many people however like it. Perhaps they should rethink it.

Yesterday, a golf shot
started a wildfire in California. If I were a reactionary liberal, I would jump to report that this proves that golf 1. causes global warming and 2. is a threat to public health and welfare. They won't say any such thing. That just applies to Big Oil.

The president has spent a lot of time on the golf course. Thank goodness his shots never started fires, or else he might be accused of contributing to the decline of the environment and reckless endangerment. Instead, we have to fund his favorite constituents and redistribute wealth. Nobody will blame the golf course or the golfer for anything because liberal reactionaries like to golf.

No comments: