10 September 2010

Anybody Out There?

Share
For the better part of three years, I have worked on this blog. Sometimes to be quite frank it feels like and may literally become an extension of my journal. Although I know there are some followers and a few other casual readers, I sit here and wonder if I reach anyone or do any good. Sometimes I feel wasted.

A few months ago, a friend of mine posted to her blog her own frustration that she has yet to influence a single person. I understand why she feels that way. If you look at the results of my endeavors, there are people in this town and from other parts of my history who, to look at them, you might think have never met me and should even though they know me very well. At one point, we had a Courageous Conversation, and they decided they would part ways with me and did so.

Sometimes I just think out loud on here because I don't know where else to do so. I know that my honest admissions have cost me friends and associations. I decided that if they aren't interested in the real me then they may not really want to be my friend. If you want someone who will validate your every choice, get a bobblehead.

It may very well be that when I shuffle off this mortal coil I may be entirely alone. It's not that I never had friends, but more that most people are fickle and use the term 'friend' too loosely.

2 comments:

Jan said...

I read every post and you are having much more influence than you know, I'm sure. And I'm grateful that you are my friend.

ablur said...

I often wonder if anyone reads what I right. Oddly I have had a person who visits everyday and has read almost every post I have written. I have know idea who they are and wonder if I should make a post that would ask.

I have found some of my posts carried on news sites. Some have been carried on insurance sites.

You may find it amazing where your words may end up. I have no great following. A few dribble by. Yet I know some of what I write makes a difference.

Don't lose heart. I will make your page and come back.