10 January 2010

Harry Reid is a Good Man

Share
The president has forgiven Senator Harry for his racist comments. So should we. Why? Excellent question.

Wil asked me today what I thought about the news. I asked him, "What law did Harry break?"

Since Senator Harry broke no law and gave no offense to me, it is irrelevant what I think of his words. As a public servant, I am concerned with the law. If you think he broke God's law, then let God come and arrest him and try him for his offense. If you think he offended you, then you hold him accountable. I will not be a Capulet and let blood in the marketplace.

Some might be tempted to leverage his comments for political gain. I am content to let them. I know that if I make him an offender for a word, he will return the favor tenfold.

When I "defended" Tiger for his indiscretions months ago, I made this the final part of my argument. If some time in the future you do what he did, what would you like to be said of you?

When Harry Reid goes down in defeat, I intend to make it a matter of policy and principle. His verbal faux pas is just a symptom of the fact that the world of today left him behind.

No comments: