20 January 2010

Endorsement: Monopoly

Share
Monopoly has really never been one of my favorite games. I lack the cutthroat business saavy necessary to attack and defeat my opponents. That being said, in college I played it a lot because I had this software program on my computer where I could save it for class and play whenever I felt like it. Eventually, both the computer and I had so much money and properties in the right spots so that neither of us would ever win.

Monopoly did help American win a war. It was first brought to my attention today, although the story first broke last September, that
Monopoly was used to help Allied POWs escape from the camps in German occupied Europe.

So, in recognition and commemoration of this event, I will go out and purchase a copy of Monopoly, from Waddington's if practicable, in gratitude and recognition of those individuals who helped our servicemen over sixty years ago.

No comments: