24 September 2009

Who's Teaching Your Children?...

Share
My students complained in lab Monday night about their lecture professor, so I went with them to their lecture Wednesday night before my other night lab section. Let me simply say that their concerns are well founded. Their teacher displayed no excitement for her position and no love for teaching as a profession. Here are some of the things she said:

basically, the stuff I addressed in lectures is all you need to know.
I will not pull random facts I didn't address in lecture for the test.
Learn something else you don't know.
I don't want you to ignore chapter one...
the exam is worth...did you look in your syllabus?
I didn't bring any of my notes with me.
It's explained pretty well in your book.
Whatever it does in the cell.
It's getting a little too detailed.
I don't want to go there. It goes into serious detail.

and my personal favorite:
Oxidation is when an atom loses an election.

I didn't know they were on the ballot.

No comments: