08 September 2009

Boston Tea Party 2009

Share
After I found a place to park in Boston, I made a beeline to Congress Street, which crosses the harbor where the Boston Tea Party took place. Although there is a replica ship that sits there for tours, due to fire, it is out this year for repairs (seems all the wooden ships except Mayflower II are under refit). So, I hurried over to the site to dispose of the tea I brewed for the very purpose to throw it, just the tea, into the harbor.

The site is FAR removed from everything else to see in Boston. The tea spilled three times. I had just enough left over you could tell I threw some. Very few tourists were there. Then, I spied a couple. Wouldn't you know it? The tourists who helped me were French. They were there for us again when we need them, just like LaFayette.

They shot a video for me and then continued on their way and I made my way to the Freedom Trail, having accomplished one of my major goals for the trip. Video forthcoming.


No comments: