23 September 2009

The Erised Principle

Share
In Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Dumbledore tells Harry that the Mirror of Erised was one of his most ingeneous devices to thwart Voldemort. I think that historical political philosophers would have liked this maneuver, as I will attempt to explain.

Yes, I aspire to lead. I do not really like to be in the limelight or be out front, but I do not like how people of low character and little discernment arise to positions of power. The Stone in the movie represents the ultimate power- power over life and death. According to the Founders, this power was reserved to our Creator, and every power man has over man is by the grace of God.

I am like Harry. I want to find the stone, to find it but not use it. If the people of this country gave me power, it would be so that I could get as much of it back to them as possible.

Only a person who wants to find the Stone, find it, but not use it, should be able to get it.

No comments: