08 December 2010

Criggo.com

Share
About a year ago, an old high school friend of mine posted a link to a post on Criggo.com to his Facebook page. I felt pretty low that day and went over to check them out. Criggo keeps snapshots of newspaper advertisements, articles, and addenda that contain humor. Sometimes the excerpts are purposely humorous; often, it's punny, situational, or errors that make the posts so funny. I check back with them frequently for a good laugh.

My first visit, I spent about 30 minutes browsing their website. I rarely laugh out loud, but my normally somber and focused coworker looked over to make sure I wasn't high on nitrous oxide or something. I needed a good laugh that day, and I got it.

Not all of their posts are laugh out loud funny. Some of them are sad commentary on society or intelligence or just people in general. Yet, I routinely laugh about the things submitted to or found by the editors. I have now been through all of their historical archives, and when I feel especially low, I search through them for a while and remember good laughs from last year.

They say that laughter is the best medicine. While it has not healed my state of mind or rectified the wrongs allowed by the universe to be perpetrated against me, it has, as promised by the Hope of Israel, made it easier to bear and bear with them.

Here are a few recent ones that I enjoyed:



As you gear up for Christmas, I wish you joy and good cheer. Criggo helped me last year, and if nothing else can, maybe they can do it this year for you.

Merry Christmas

No comments: