21 July 2010

What Men Really Want

Share
Men sometimes get a bad rap. Sure, there are lots of idiotic fops and misogynists out there, but there are also real men. You don't have to be like me to be a man, but I see a lot of girls pick guys who are not men and then complain on Facebook that they can't find men. Well, girls, you don't find men in the places you are looking.

Contrary to popular belief, most men want a family. Sometimes it's for the benefits they have socially, vocationally, or spiritually, but we are hard wired to seek after that. It really is bad for man to be alone. Even a survey done by AskMen.com today agrees, that over successful or visible careers, men rank 'having a family' as their
number 1 priority for status.

Girls complain to me when I don't date them. I only date women that I can see as being my wife. You might be cute or fun or 'have a great personality', but I look forward to what makes a Home, and if you don't have any of those things or even enough, then "it was nice to meet you and have a nice day".

I am pretty old fashioned. I get the doors, get the check, pick the girl up, buy her flowers, meet the parents and save certain things for after the "I do". I set the bar pretty high. It's kind of disappointing, because lots of girls I know talk about how much they want a great guy or wish they could find someone like me and then fail to pick me. I am the company you keep.

Men know, even if only subconsciously, that their success lies in their lineage. What do men really want? A help meet, not just someone who hopes to meet their help. We don't need any more female friends; we seek something more. So, girls, if you push us away for dates, don't be surprised if we move on. You proved you're not capable of being our wife, and that's what we really want.

No comments: