27 August 2009

My Favorite Scripture

Share
Back in June, I met up with my first greenie from my full-time mission. He remembered that even back in 1999 my favorite scripture was from the book of Isaiah:


Isaiah 49:16
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

I have taken great solace from these verses from time to time when I think of the things that come upon me in life that I did not expect.

When the Savior was resurrected, he retained the marks of the nails in his hands. Since his mission revolved around the removal of walls that otherwise damn us, this verse refers to the fact that he remembers us and our travails always because he already suffered for them and took the pain for them away from us if we like. He is more aware of the pain and the implications of these troubles than we ever realize.

In Ether 12:27, we learn that God gives men weaknesses that they may be humble. As we turn to him, ask for the aide of the Savior to deal with those weaknesses/trials/etc., we draw on his strength. He gives us weakness so that we will apply to him for his help. Many of the things we face cannot be overcome by ourselves. Out of his desire to help us overcome what we cannot do for ourselves, God drives us to him so that he can create miracles in our lives.

Whatever you believe about your life, Christ is the miracle. He remembers. Trust his love.

No comments: