30 August 2009

Housing Update

Share
I spoke with my realtor today who had some good news for me. Statistically speaking, for the first time it looks and feels like I may finally get a home. I believe very strongly that God wants me to settle down in Las Vegas. There are several reasons why it behooves me to have my own place. From family to business ventures, to storage, to autonomy, to financial return, it is nice to think that I may have a house in which to make a home.

Last Monday, I wrote three offers on Short Sales. Last Friday, all three of them notified my agent that the sellers had accepted my offer and sent word to the bank. Two of them have faxed signed paperwork, and the third is expected Monday. I have two other Short Sales in process, with my offer as second if the first offer backs out which is likely, but on these three I am offer #1. We also saw an REO, which is a home the bank already seized from the owner, on which I will place an offer.

The homes are all priced under $63/sqft. They are located along the east bench of the valley, proximal to work locations as I prefer. The two in Henderson would allow me if I wish to continue to attend the ward of which I am currently a member, but since they are in two different stakes (yes I know it's confusing) when I turn 31 I would end up in different wards.

I am excited about the prospects and thought you might want to know that by Halloween I might finally be in my own place for about the same cost it would take me to rent a 1 bedroom apartment, and some people already expressed interest in being my roommate.

April Mist, 89002
Photobucket

Cantelope, 89142
Photobucket

Apple Cart, 89142
Photobucket

Wyoming, 89142
Photobucket

Rising Brook, 89011
Photobucket

Morning Break, 89142
Photobucket

No comments: