05 July 2008

Sore in a Good Way

Share
I could hardly do anything today after waterskiing yesterday. On the other hand, normally I have to quit due to pain in my back, and yesterday I quit skiing because I was tired. The pain came later.

Now, pain is not a bad thing. Anyone who knows anything about musclebuilding will tell you that the pain is a necessary register to determine how much muscle mass replaces that which your exercise destroys.

Some things must be cut back in order to be good for the body. That's true in politics, in physical fitness, and in finance, to name a few. So, I didn't "feel" like writing anything else.

When I first started exercising, it was all I could do to run a half mile. Now I run four miles, and while I struggle in the heat of the summer, my endurance has never been higher, even at a rapid pace. Nobody will argue my claim that exercising has been good for me. I've lost 25 pounds this year alone, I have a better regimented schedule, and my clothes fit better (the ones that still fit). I don't know how some people claim they lost 15 pounds and three pant sizes, but I look better, feel better, and am better, not because I look like Schwartzenegger, but because I'm taking care of myself.

No comments: