31 August 2014

My Soul Still Hungers

Share
Before my sister left for military training, she fulfilled one of my final requests on how I wanted to spend time with her. After dinner that Sunday night, I sat at the piano with her and sang while she played. Since then, I intended to post that video here, and this week when someone asked to see it, I felt like the time was right. Although that person no longer speaks to me, I still feel like it's the right thing to do.

Keep in mind that I am not a professional entertainer. My students all know that my jokes suck. I am sharing this with you because I love to sing, because it is a pleasant memory of my sister, and because I feel impressed that it may help one of you better understand the love of our Savior.

Oh My Soul Hungered


My soul still hungers. I feel pain and doubt daily. Just last night, my psychologist friend told me to stop second guessing myself. Most of the time when I pray all I get is enough peace of mind so that I can sleep. I slept well this weekend, despite my recent Pinocchio experience, and although some doubts persist, I am fairsure I made the right call. If I didn't, I hope God will be merciful to me and to the person I hurt and not punish her for my mistakes. I don't like being lonely, but God does speak peace to my soul and tell me things only He knows, and I take comfort in that, because I know He won't decide tomorrow that I'm no longer His son and forsake me. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoso believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

I testify that God is real. I haven't seen His face or heard His voice, but I feel His presence, and I know His love for me.

No comments: