18 August 2010

Religion of the State or the State of Religion

Share
So, there's some question as to the President's faith. His own supporters are confused. Why? I'm not surprised one bit. All of my life, I have run up against people who have judged my Faith based on one or two encounters with either Jack Mormons (who are Mormons on paper only) or Jacket Mormons (who are Mormons when it serves their interest). Then they meet me and say things like "You don't make a very good Mormon." I actually make a terrible 'Mormon' because Mormon has been dead since 385AD.

People ask me all the time if Mormons are Christians. If you have to ask that, you don't know anything about us. The Book of Mormon says on the cover "Another Testament of Jesus Christ". Have there been any others? If you have to ask that, you don't know anything about my religious observances. A friend's mother recently objected to my religious faith because she believed I was going to hell. My friend said that if I were going to hell, then nobody else she knew had a prayer. If you doubt my faith in Christ, my patriotism, or my moral fortitude, then you do not know me very well. Come watch me worship, read what I write, look at what I hang on my wall and watch how I treat women, and if you still believe what you believed when they fed you kool-aid, then nothing can convince you. I am an ordinary man, but I am a man, and I really am what I purport myself to be.

I am bothered by the Mosque issue because in 1843, a Governor in this nation signed an order to exterminate the people of my Faith. Obama can talk all he likes about religious freedom, but this nation has jailed, oppressed, ignored, and harassed my people all of my life. Ask Mitt Romney if he feels like he's free to practice his religion. They tried to run him out on a rail.

Christians: Ask yourself if there would be enough evidence to convict you in a court of law of being a Christian. If, like the President's aids say he will, you have to make a visibly concerted effort to attend church to prove to people that you're Christian, you're not. Membership in the Kingdom of Christ depends more on who has your heart than who has your records.

Jesus knows mine.

No comments: