19 March 2009

Healthcare and the Military

Share
Barack Obama has only announced one cut thus far in his administration yet claims he will cut deficit spending by 25%. The military budget, even if reduced to zero, would not accomplish this goal. What's worse, he's also talking about cutting off healthcare to soldiers wounded in the course of duty. That's a crime.

Illegal aliens can walk over the border, into a health facily, and demand treatment. The military, already citizens and wounded in the line of duty, are now going to be expected to pay for their own healthcare. The former did nothing to earn it; the later earned it but will not receive it.

Nobody I know cares more for veterans than I. My father served in the first Iraq war. I myself tried three years running to join the military and my kid brother is in ROTC trying to enter the USAF as a pilot. We know patriotism, and this is a crime. So also in my opinion is it a crime that UT taxes military retirement...of all states, Utah...

The only thing Obama wants to cut is the only thing Obama ought to be concerned about augmenting. I seem to recall there was a rebellion during the Washington administration about this. We owe the veterans more than that. They have after all, unlike the foreign aliens, earned it.

No comments: