12 October 2014

The Lord is Come

Share
Today at church, the most interesting things to cross my mind came from the hymns we sing. I found this interesting, because I just talked with my friend last night about a hymn. I asked him why it is that we wait until Christmas to sing "Joy to the World" since it's basically the whole point of our Faith. We are Christians, and the whole point of our rejoicings, the whole reason for our lifestyle, and the whole crux of the matter in our lives is that a Savior has come and that Jesus is His name.

When I sit down to play the piano I frequently play this during my recital because I enjoy it. It's easy to make a mistake, but it's fun to play. It's upbeat and hopeful and it talks about the coming of the Savior. Ok so it makes sense to sing it during the Christmas season, but why not sing it any week at any time of the year? Isn't it just as reasonable to celebrate something that cool in May as it is in December? The way it works for us, we usually sing every Christmas song only one time which means that we only rehash this one once a year and then never sing it again.

The Lord is come. It is a joyous thing. I was planning on posting a video of me singing and playing it, but I had to say goodbye to my sister today and I don't look joyful. However, it is in Christ that I have hope of reunions, second chances, and seeing the people and beagles I lost once more. He is our hope, in a better world, in better things, in better times to come. Ultimately that's what gets me out of bed in the morning. With a stout heart, I look forth until that morrow when blessings await me and the promises made to me by God and men finally come to fruition.

Because He lives, because He came, life has meaning.

No comments: