27 March 2012

Punny Guy

Share
I am a fairly punny guy. Years ago, I started posting periodic puns to the internet and actually generated some friendships and memories from the associations those events created. Everyone who knows me knows I'm a pretty fungi.

For the better part of a year, another single fellow and I have been involved in a campaign in our congregation to focus on the difference between doing and becoming. I have written all sorts of posts on this blog about the difference between doing and being as well as other people who have long postulated the connection between them. The department secretary for physical science also commented once to me that she had seen me behave the same way with everyone I met, which led her to believe that was the way I am. What we are comes naturally and is something we do because of something we already are.

I've been thinking about this a lot. This weekend while listening to old music, I came across the following idea for a pun. My friend thought it was funny but didn't like it.

I considered making T-shirts that said "We are the Do-Be Brothers". We could start a band. No? Well, at least if someone else copies it, you'll know you saw it here first.

1 comment:

Jan said...

LOVE. D0-Be brothers is awesome!!