10 May 2010

Why Bob Bennett Needed to Go

Share
I first encountered Bob Bennett when I applied for a job with the USDA in Logan, UT in 2007. As I spoke with people who were his benefactors, it became evident that he wasn't concerned with results and utility of research as much as he was with ranchers and researchers banding together to buoy him up at the caucus. At that time, I was unaware of some other details that have since come to light.

When he ran for office originally, Bennett made promises he did not keep. Among others, he made a promise to serve only two terms. This would have been his fourth.

During my job interview with the USDA, I discovered some unholy alliances. Bennett is deeply connected to the ranching community, and given the money they have, all he has to do is deliver pork to them, and they will help ensconce him forever.

Bennett is a poor steward of public money. He voted for the bailout.

My grandparents were surprised to discover that I dislike Bennett. Bob bennett is a Mormon. His grandfather was Heber J Grant, and his wife is the granddaughter of David O McKay. Just because he is mormon does not mean I support him. Harry Reid and I have, for example, yet to agree on anything.

Bennett was not faithful to his stewardship. Media sources are angry at the backlash, but that's because they have little regard for the public opinion. Bennett forgot for whom he worked, and so they fired him.

No comments: