30 October 2012

People Find a Way

Share
I have several unpopular theories, mostly because they do not validate the way people are. Rather, I expect people to rise to the occasion. The reason for this is that I view them differently. As most of my peers look at the behavior of people, I look at their being. Indeed, I have said many places at many times just how much I agree with CS Lewis- if you take away all that is good in man, you are not left with a bad man; you are left with nothing at all.

People find time and money for the things and people that matter to them. For years now a woman I know keeps indicating how much she wants to take me to Oatman, AZ, blah blah. What she doesn't know that I know is that the other person to whom she made this promise went with her. She hasn't taken me or told me that she and he already went; I'm not important enough for her to go out of her way. When she comes to Vegas, I am supposed to drop everything to meet with her on her schedule; she has no obligation to bend for me, and so I have not seen her for months. I know a woman whose father has money to buy a gun but not to pay his mortgage, who will drive her around but not teach her to drive. He tells her he wants her to be ready for adulthood while he holds her back.

There are plenty of obstacles to our progress without us standing in each other's way or in our own ways. Things arise unexpectedly all the time. I know this storm ripping through New York wasn't something we expected to happen, and the devastation will extend far beyond what we anticipate in a modern era. Not that we're ignorant of nature's power; out west we see it in fires, in earthquakes, etc., but we don't expect it in our major cities. After all, other people are our largest obstacles.

No matter what people build or the earth heaps up against us, people find a way to overcome whatever obstacles they face when they truly desire to achieve. I love this picture because I know what came after it and that in less than a year from the time when this picture was taken the military power that sits on the beach was not only overcome but completely ceased to exist.

Once we have overcome the ocean, the mountains, the earth's gravitational pull, and the shell of an atom, we can overcome any obstacle built by man. People will find a way to achieve anything they truly desire to achieve.

1 comment:

Yulia Shmatkova said...

Very nicely said!