18 October 2011

My Opposition to Obamacare

Share
It has fascinated me to hear that Obama insisted, despite widespread popular opposition to Obamacare, that Obamacare was good for the people. What he never mentioned however is which ones will benefit most from it. Like so many other Monarchist machintions, it is garbed in clothing to be beneficial to the people. Although that might be true, that is not the reason why they press it; it is coincidental thereunto.

For the first time since leaving my parents' house, I have a job that gives me healthcare. Well, I pay for it. I pay more every year for less coverage. I would rather they give me in cash the $560/month they claim it's worth in my benefits. I could probably get a better deal for that amount of money. Likely, I'd just save it for that rainy day and pay the bill in cash. I have found you frequently get a better deal that way.

Health care touches many people in powerful ways. I know individuals who suffer from horrible diseases. A good college friend has two sons who will eventually die of DMD; my banker needs a very expensive medication just to stay alive; a former student has a virulent disease; several coworkers have cancer. Many people depend on health care for continuation of life. Health care is not the answer.

By the time you need to go to the doctor, whatever your problem is, you have already lost the front line. They say that an ounce of prevention is worth a ton of cure, and frequently the way we live and eat and interact is more the problem. Instead of curing it only once something manifests symptoms, why don't we start fighting things before they become deleterious to health? Well, that requires work and responsibility. The health care system under Obama however requires exactly the same thing. It relies on people to keep working and be responsible so they can be taxed. The same people they claim can't be trusted up front to make good decisions on health are expected to make good decisions elswhere so they can be taxed. That's just silly.

Although I do not personally put much stock into insurance, I leave that choice up to you. What I really oppose is that a government, any government, tells me what I must buy, when I must buy it, how much I must pay, and from whom I am allowed to buy anything. That is not in the benefit of the people; that is in the benefit of the government.

Obamacare is about Obama and the party apparatus that put him in power. They care nothing for you. They will use you to get power. They will foment class warfare, greed, envy, and personal pride in order to pit you against 'the rich'. They will, if they can, render it deleterious to be successful. In my opinion, the best way to make the lives of people better is to make things better for everyone. If your proposed method to make things better for everyone is to first hurt some, you have negated the premise. Yet, when they talk about redistribution of wealth, that is exactly what they propose- to hurt some people. Every physician knows the first part of Hippocratus' oath is to do no harm. Yet, that's always their first idea- cut you open and take a look.

Fundascopic examination is not revealing in most cases. Cutting holes in the economy isn't the answer. The process must be repaired. We must stop hemorraging good money chasing after bad money, even as Reid proposes more stimulous spending. If it has not worked before on a larger scale, what makes them think it will help now on a smaller one? They are not interested in truth or health or equality- they are interested in power.

It is the sad state of almost all men that as soon as they get a little power as it were that they will begin immediately to exercise unrighteous dominion. They will talk of Christian values, not because they practice them, but because they know you do. They forget that Christ was interested in a kingdom and reward that was not to be realized necessarily in this world. Obama and his ilk think they can use the Adversary's Method to enforce the Father's Plan. They keep trying to make earth, which is fallen, the utopia that heaven alone can sustain. They're very vain, as are their efforts. Let us now apply liberty.

No comments: