06 August 2012

Wide Open Space

Share
I’m always looking for acreage in Wyoming. It’s not because I love snow or want to live off the land or because I just love Wyoming. I look for land in Wyoming because I like wide open spaces. I like to be able to just walk out my back door and plant what I want, play what I want, and go where I want whenever I want for no other reason other than I desire to. I don’t like that Obama can shut down national parks to appear there. Those are mine, or at least they are supposed to be. I want my own space.

Government doesn’t like this, which might be why government hates Westies. They frequently refer to us as “flyover country”, a part of the nation they court in elections when they think they need our votes. Then they treat us with disdain and ignore us the rest of the time. What they resent about us is that we don’t need them. We don’t want them. We yearn to breath free.

Under the auspices of convenience, efficiency and cleanliness, they attempt to compel us to conform to behavior. They raise fuel prices, stop repairing roads, raise taxes, cancel services, raise food prices, etc., all to discourage us from being on our own. They want to concentrate us back into cities so that we are easier to control. A friend of mine once said that Republicans are neighbors only because property lines eventually collide but that Democrats are neighbors because of proximity. Republicans don’t care because they are isolated; Democrats don’t care because they don’t want to get involved.

This is designed to make men easier to control. They don’t want us to get involved. They don’t want us to be free. They want us dependent on them. Over the weekend, I read stories about how it’s now illegal to collect rain water on your own land. They have already imposed restrictions on how you can use your land and for example won’t let you shoot guns on your own 40 acre parcel. This is incompatible with the westie way of life. We came west because we like wide open spaces. We desire freedom.

Almost everything government does is a campaign against freedom. They want to govern your whole life and tell you what to eat, how to dress, and whom you may take to wife. They want to control where you go and how you get there, what you do and when, and under what conditions you can do what they allow. They are about control, but our Constitution was about freedom. That’s why they hate us, our guns, our religion, and our way of life.

We are actually far more tolerant than most people on average. As long as you don’t harass me, take my cattle, damage my hat, trespass on my land, or mess with my family, I don’t really care what you do on your property with what you have. It doesn’t interest me. I seek freedom to pursue happiness according to the dictates of my own conscience, and I allow all men the same privilege. Let them seek how, when and what they may.

No comments: