11 July 2012

I-9 Forms and Illegal Aliens

Share
At the end of last week, many of my coworkers (as I found yesterday) and I received an email from HR. I thought it was an error. They were telling me that my I-9 form indicated that I was ineligible to work in the United States. Monday, I reached the person who knew what was going on with my form and learned that almost five years ago I had signed the wrong line.

What they are not telling you is why they are suddenly interested in harassing at least handfuls of us to come correct THEIR error. You see, I don't work in HR. How can they expect me to complete their forms properly? I learned that we're about to be audited by the Federal Government, and for EVERY I-9 form that is incorrectly completed there is a fine of up to $250000, which means that it will cost our institution at least $1.5 million just from the other people I know affected by this.

Duplicitously enough, we live under an administration that does not require Identification for illegal aliens but is about to fine an institution of higher education for not completing paperwork correctly. They are not bothered by people who are intentionally breaking the law; they just want to fine people who normally comply. They hand out gift baskets and goodie bags to illegals, insist on doing things to help the innocent children, and throw open the Arizona border. The citizen has been reduced to second class or coach.

The fact of the matter is that people suffer all the time from circumstances they don't control. We have criminals in this country whose children are deprived of their fathers, but the government only coddles the children of illegal aliens who are not incarcerated. I was just thinking last night how grateful I was that for many months now my commute has not been complicated by a presidential motorcade, a collision, or road construction. Yet, those hedge up the way of many people. Our government props up and subsidizes CERTAIN people. Sometimes it's people who will return the quid pro quo, and sometimes it's just to buy votes.

You see, the Democrats are desperately reliant on new voters. Barack Obama has made things worse, even as he still blames Bush. The government is reliant on new money. Barack Obama's government has overseen a period of history where the middle class has born an increased burden of total taxes. They are coming here to fine Nevada, because we're still treading water financially. Yet, they don't clean out their own house full of tax cheats and croney capitalists. It's duplicitous in the extreme.

I told a friend yesterday that I am less concerned with what the rules are as I am with the notion that they apply equally to everyone. What I see here is one law for the people Obama likes and misery for everyone else. At least for me I do not live paycheck to paycheck, and when they sort this out, I know my checks will find their way to my accounts.

2 comments:

Janet said...

How come it took 5 years for them to find and correct the mistake?

Doug Funny said...

Apparently, nobody has looked at them for some time. Two of the other affected individuals have been here for 17 years and also must go correct errors on their forms. The only reason they are double-checking is because of the fine.