25 May 2016

Crime Wave

Share
Only eleven days after I was mugged on the way home from the grocery store, two more crimes occurred within 100 meters of the first one. Hopefully since things happen in threes this completes the triad and promises an era of calm. I've been attacked and robbed, and now two teenagers tried to kick down my door. If not for the quick thinking and fortuitous circumstances of a neighbor noticing, they might have made entry to my last refuge- my house. That very night, someone came into the neighborhood and tagged cars with white paint. After five years of complete calm, I feel singled out as a target for criminals when all I do is mind my own business. It's sad. I have been doing these walks for over a year and passed all sorts of homeless people, people of other demographics, people with nothing better to do, and people who disagree with me on many issues without fearing them or having to care about what they do. It's no wonder we lack a sense of community in America when you have to wonder if the people around you are interested in helping you or hurting you.

The criminals come from demographics that do not respect law and order. When I talked to the department secretary about my string of bad luck and she learned the melanin content of the suspects, she vented that maybe they won't learn because maybe their parents don't care. Let's face it- if your parents are illegal aliens, you come to America with a bad example of law and order, and at best your parents can say "do as I say not as I do" since they came here by committing a crime. When my mother told the lead felony secretary in the District Attorney's office about my being mugged and was told the attacker was black, she responded "figures". They have been taught by their parents to hate us, that their plight comes because they were robbed, and so now they assume the right to rob us back. Unfortunately, morality and justice are on my side. They rail against an alleged offense I did not give perpetrated against those not alive to be offended. A former student worker originally from Mexico once told me that the only reason his people want this part of America is because white people made it prosperous. I can't tell you how many black people I see jaywalking near the grocery only to yell at and use obscene gestures towards vehicles that aren't pushovers as they saunter across with their pants around their ankles. Why should I expect them to respect my property line, my threshold, my privacy, and my stuff when they don't take care of their own, even their own people?

The criminals obviously have nothing better to do. Without jobs, without money, without purpose, these miscreants roam the streets craving the syrupy juices of those who do. When I was out after 8PM, I was running errands, but the highwayman who attacked me was out wandering around, probably in a drugged stupor. He wasn't carrying anything I could see, and he probably didn't even have identification or a cell phone. When the teenagers kicked down my door, they were truant from school at 1030AM wandering around up to no good; there is no reason for them to be roaming about on a Monday morning unsupervised. I mean, seriously, who wanders around in the dark at night damaging the property of others? Maybe if they had homework or jobs or parents who cared about what they were up to,

The criminals reflect the principles shown by leadership. Concomitant to the current administration's governing theory, these criminals believe they have a right to things they did not earn. In our modern entitlement society, people think they have rights to many things that are not rights and that infringe on the rights of others. Everyone claims a right to healthcare without thinking about the rights of those who provide it. Well, you can't get more usually without taking it from someone else, and since most people don't have anything worth trading, including their labor, far too many people turn to crime in order to steal. The ends justify the means; it's only a crime if you get caught, and other irrational cliches dominate their thinking as they reduce my humanity to justify their inhumanity. The two youth who attempted to kick in my door told the officer who interviewed them that they felt like breaking in to steal stuff. They know it's not theirs. They know they are supposed to be in school. They didn't care. They must think that because I am a white guy that I obtained it by taking it from non whites. They talk about coming together only to talk about us in ways that drive us apart. Politicians constantly prattle a "raceless society" while they describe people based on their race. How can you stop noticing something when politicians constantly draw attention to it? We cannot be a community if we do not love our neighbors; we cannot love our neighbors unless we know them; we will not know our neighbors if we live in conditions where we go out of our way to avoid them because we're afraid they might commit crimes against us. However, this is how tyrannical regimes hold power- by pitting the populace against itself and making everyone suspicious of their neighbor so they don't have time to watch the government. It's the ultimate shell game- foment civil discord in order to play sleight of hand in order to "restore" order to a society they upset.

At first, I had second thoughts about pressing charges against the teenagers because of their age. However, I know that this behavior doesn't stop unless there are consequences. People who live on welfare, use drugs, cheat on tests, cheat on their spouse, steal from their neighbors, commit murder, etc., don't usually stop unless they are caught, if they stop even then. What would stop them from returning to try again better the second time if I let them go? Besides, I'd already been a victim of a crime, and if I continue to let them walk all over me in the name of "forgiveness" I do injustice to myself by making myself a doormat. You cannot love your neighbor as yourself if you do not love yourself, and I cannot love myself unless I stand up for myself. I am not oppressing them. I don't know them. If they feel put upon, they should appeal to the law for redress like I did. I could shoot them, but this is a merciful response. It might not be as merciful as the miscreant class demands, but I am giving them another chance that their own death cannot afford. Now, when I walk or jog or bike, I am continually circumspect, concerned about every person I encounter, cautious, careful. It's impossible to get near to people if you hold them at bay, but I don't know how else to respond. Any other response is naive and foolish, to assume it won't happen again or that if I meet my attackers they'll be fine now. They were not neighborly, merciful, just, kind, or charitable to me. They do not get to be the moral authority and demand those things from me after showing me naught but disaffection and condescension. It is exceptionally arrogant to assume and presume the right to something someone else has because you think you deserve it more and it is villainous to take those things by force. It shocks the villains when you fight back; the bully is used to people not resisting. I am tired of letting people walk all over me, and I will turn to the police or the courts for redress because next time if I don't defend myself there may be nobody else to prevent my ruin or death.

No comments: