27 June 2011

Interesting Search Exercise

Share
While looking for a particular story, I was interrupted in my search. I had only managed to type "Obama opposes" into Yahoo when I was called away from the desk. Upon my return, Yahoo had come up with some suggestions for what I might be seeking, and it came up with an interesting list. So, I also typed in "Palin opposes" and "Palin supports" and "Obama supports" just to see what the search engine suggestions drag up for me. It was an interesting exercise, and I encourage you to think of similar boolian strings to use just for grins and giggles.


Here were today's results:


Obama supports


Obama opposes:


Palin supports:


Palin opposes:


As you look at the candidates, these are interesting tag lines. Remember that they are taken out of context but that they are quite illustrative of general mentality and bias.

No comments: