11 June 2009

Why People Love Disney

Share
I started listening to some tapes today by Robert Stevens and something really hit home. He points out in the introduction how the music to which we listen dictates our reality to our subconscious. In particular, he refers to the Rolling Stones song "I Can't Get No Satisfaction" and points out how the people who hear that over and over and over constitute a great majority of those who are never satisfied, no matter what they have.

While listening to this tape, I decided to listen to Disney music because a friend of mine does almost exclusively that. As I listened to the words, I was astounded at some of the messages I heard and realized why it was that I used to love Disney and why millions of people flock to Disneyland every year and seem happy despite huge crowds and long lines. Here are a few of my favorites:

And don't spend your time lookin' around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinkin' about it, I'll tell you something true- the bare necessities of life will come to you. --Jungle Book

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true. --Cinderella

It's a razzle-dazzle day, a lifetime of joy in just a few hours. --Pete's Dragon

The second star to the right shines in the night for you to tell you that the dreams you've had really can come true. --Peter Pan

A sweep is as lucky as lucky can be...in this whole wide world there's no happier bloke.
--Marry Poppins

Always let your conscience be your guide. --Pinocchio

Whistle while you work and cheerfully together we can tidy up the place, so hum a merry tune. It won't take long when there's a song to help you set the pace. --Snow White

Now, keep in mind that these come largely from older Disney productions. In point of fact, since the passing of Walt and the resignation of Roy, the Disney genre has shifted more towards entertainment than moral messages by and large, but the parks are built still mostly around the older movies that taught us to look up, believe in something larger than ourselves and not lose faith.

So go to the happiest place on earth. In the last day alone since I started listening to classic Disney movie music I have already noticed that it influences and uplifts my thinking. Not that my music was bad; most of the songs were pretty good, but I chose to fill my mind with the highest form of music available that teaches and trains my mind while I drive to go higher, look higher, doubt not and be believing. I testify that it works. Try me.



*note- the author has no stock in Walt Disney, and he has not been compensated to write this article, though he welcomes the prospect

No comments: